It bothers me that I haven't finished my novel. This so called novel has been the topic of our conversations during Sunday afternoons while I'm having coffee with my friends. I dunno how we came up with the idea of writing a novel but I remembered that we were talking about a very dear friend who passed away years ago. Lee (not her real name) said that she was able to hang out with AJ(deceased friend) weeks ago before the accident. She said that they were talking about life and how we can manipulate life at its fullest. AJ had a prophecy that he will die young. Lee dismissed the idea and laughed out loud. She added.. "gumawa pa nga siya ng nobela kung anong mangyayari sa buhay nya after 6 years. Too bad that he doesn't have any idea that he'll die sooner. Sad no?" All of them agreed. I didn't say anything because at that point of time I was thinking of this movie that I watched 3 months ago. I think its automatic that when I hear the word DEATH or PATAY.. this flick would automatically flash in my mind as if I'm wired to do that.
"Did you guys watch OPEN WATER?" I asked them unitentionally dismissing the conversation of AJ's death.
"Huh? Whats that?" one of my friends asked the group.
"I know that. What a tragic way to die huh?" Lee turned to me.
I shook my head.. "No.. its more of a tragic way to end a relationship."
For a moment, they all stared at me as if I said the foulest word. "What?!," I blurted out, "don't judge me. The reason why I'm sitting here right now is the same reason why you guys are here. We are a group of crazy neurotics. No one is exempted." I lit another cigarette stick.
"Don't mind Kellie. She's been trying so hard to humor us since Friday the 13th happened." Lian, the vampire said.
"All of a sudden you have to bring up the Friday the 13th line. Why is that? First of all, you don't know anything about the Friday the 13th incident and I don't plan of spilling it here with a bunch of weirdos who suspect that every romantic moment that has happen in my life is a product of a conspiracy between writers and corporations who support the so called relationship propaganda theory." I ended a bit annoyed because I can feel that the next few minutes of my life will be put into waste because they will definitely pick on me.
"I will write a novel of my life. Its a prediction of whats gonna happen to me after 6 years. That'll be cool." Lee said out of nowhere.
I felt saved. I can kiss Lee for that, I guess.
A prognastication of our lives after many years. We will meet the next Sunday for a preview. A friend suggested that we can bury our novels somewhere and have a reunion after 6 years to check if the predictions are working. Everyone agreed. I planned to stay home next Sunday tho.
Sunday. The witches decided to hang out at my place but I told them that my room is too small to accomodate a number of evil witches who plan to perform random spells of abomination. They were skeptical at first but I offered them one of my close friend's house in the hood. So, I sat there listening to the inevitable previews of their lives. One of my friends predicted that she will die really old in a lonely shelter for the old folks who were abandoned by their children. Nobody asked why in the hell she came up with that notion. Lee predicted that she will be successful in her career and will marry his ex when she reached 40, by that time she's menopaused so they will adopt a kid who will eventually kill them when they get really old. This guy will be the future Jack the Ripper. Lian thinks that after 6 years she will kill her husband to get all his money for a boob job. She will find another lonely rich man to drain his bank accounts to buy Brad Pitt. Most of the predictions are really crappy and unrealistic, I realized that I'm so lucky that I'm not as bored as they are.. I don't think of really sick things. But then the question finally popped out... "And you Kellie? What's yours?"
I smiled. "I just have one question. Well, since all of you guys died in your predictions... my only role for the next six years will be writing the words AND SHE DIED.. at the end part of the book."
They all glared at me. I chuckled. "The next six years.....I will..." and I went on story telling my future life.. but I'm not gonna blog it. Its still jinx-able. ;p
Friday, December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment